Therapy Sessions

Sports On The Run is an interactive sports blog created by editor/writer Senseless Genius. This blog is targeting sports fans who have interest and strong opinions on the things happening in the consuming world of sports. The articles posted on this blog are written by a diverse select of sports fans. Sometimes the tone of the writing will be one sided or bias, but the stats will always be accurate. THERE IS NO POLITICALLY CORRECT STANDING...ONLY SPORTS ON THE RUN!

For those interested, I'm always looking for new writers or weekly predictions.
email me: senselessgenius@gmail.com


Senseless Genius Productions
www.senselessgenius.com
twitter.com/senselessgenius


Also, please remember to vote on the
weekly sports poll and check out
the featured flashback video of the week, below.

Comments and feedback is always appreciated.
Click on the actual link to the post for access to a comment box!


"Wanna Run Away?" photo of the week

"Wanna Run Away?" photo of the week
Tim Tebow (25th overall pick by the Denver Broncos in the 2010 NFL Draft...and still the BACKUP QB) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Florida anymore.

Which player will have the most rushing yards in the 2011-2012 NFL season?

On The Run Flashback Of The Week (2011 HOF Inductee: Deion Sanders)

Friday, July 29, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football???



Are You Ready For Some Football???
submitted by Taurean Filmore (S.O.T.R contributor)

Ahhh, “Finally, The rock has come back!!!” (or at least thats what I heard when the story first broke). I saw NFLPA President DeMaurice Smith standing at that podium, telling my ears the very thing that my eyes, brain & heart were sure would not be happeneing any time soon, is coming to fruition right now.

THE NFL LOCKOUT IS OVER!!!! Yes I had to scream it and yes, it felt that good to say it like that. After approximately 120 sum odd days of lawyers, labor agreements, old rich dudes in suits walking into & out of hotels, judges in Minnesota (my personal fav) and over 10,000 remote clicks (turning AWAY from ESPN, I know shame on me) it seems the Owners (Evil Empire) & Players (less Evil empire, lol) have come to an agreement where we will have football, pure, unadulterated, football.

Ok let's cover the basics; The deal is for ten years, with no opt-out clause for the owners, which is a big win for the players. However, the players did agree to conceed a %2 decrease in revenue sharing (a number upwards of a couple billion dollars, and growing) which will result in more millions going in the well lined pockets of your Jerry Jones' & Jeff Lurie's of the world. The players did however get increased benefits, reduced off-season structure and one of the main points; restructuring those ridiculously overrated, overpaying rookie contracts (see JaMarcus Russell) and giving that money to the people who deserve it, the current players who have earned their “Paydays” (no candy bar) & the retired players who played before 1993 (the beginning of the free-agency era). Also the free agency requirements were tweaked a little, allowing players to become free agents with a few less years of service than the previous agreement. Filmore (@tfilmore)

All in all, I am a happy man today. All the speculation. All of the fantasy scouting (I gotta win this year man, OR ELSE!) and all of the blind, hopeless rooting (“I'm telling ya man, Washington's gotta shot this year, all we gotta do is protect that Jon Beck......I know, I know....WHO???) They say that today (Tuesday) is gonna be an unprecedented day, with all types of negotiations, players getting cut, rookies getting signed, and seasons finally getting underway. For the first time in many years, the question has been posed to me; are You ready for some Football? And this year, unlike any other year in my recent memory, I can't say it emphatically enough, YES!! Yes, Hank Williams Jr I am ready for some football! So bring it on baby!!!!!

T. Filmore (@tfilmore)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Voice Of The People

My photo
Senseless Genius Productions| The Charismatic Nerd That Chose Writing Over Corporate America.